Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Last weekend was good

          So it has been over a week since my last post. Which is entirely my fault but in my defense last week was very busy for me. The week was a big blur for me so I'm going to post about what I do remember and include some pictures to help visualize my experience. Saturday at 9:00 am is Crossfit Trifecta's one and only work out time for the day. This is also a day that new people can come in and work out for free, which is fine because we all have to start somewhere. So I arrive at the gym with my dog and realize that there a lot more people than I expected. This makes me nervous because Jaegermeister can occasionally bark/bite people if he he feels the need to do so (especially around large groups of unfamiliar people). But my little man did just fine and was so well behaved. In fact I would go as far as saying that he had a good time and was worn out afterwards (seen in this pic taken after the work out).
So after the workout I went back home and sat in the hot tub for about fourty minutes, which felt so awesome after a rough Saturday W.O.D. (Work Out of the Day). The work out itself consisted of an 800m run (half mile), then 20 lunges with a 45lb plate over head, and then right into a 20m bear crawl. Once those two work out's were complete you run 400m (a quarter mile) when you return from the run, you do 20 kettle bell swings at 53lbs, followed by 150 single under jump ropes. Finally to finish out the work out you run another 800m (half mile). I did this work out in under 20 minutes with a time of 19 mins and 53 secs. For me that was a very good time and clearly I've improved since going back to a crossfit gym.

          After sitting in the hot tub for a bit and showering; I realized that I needed a new Ipad cover because the powder blue one my step mother got me wasn't cutting it. So I drove down to UTC, which is the mall in La Jolla. This mall is a bit out of the way but there were two purposes for going there. 1. It's boring to go to the same mall all the time. I like to mix things up and go new places. 2. There is this girl named Nicole I absolutely have a crush on; that I know happens to work at the UTC apple store location. So I go to the apple store and it is packed, but not with customers but with apple employees. There had to be at least 50 employees in a store meant to accomidate 20 employees. Then throw on top of that mess of employees throw in some customers. Needless to say I didn't find Nicole or an Ipad cover for that matter. Now I know why she got me that powder blue case, because the apple store doesn't sell anything else. So I went over to Brookstone and found a very nice leather case for my Ipad. So the trip to UTC wasn't entirely useless I didn't run into Nicole but I did get a sweet Ipad case :-)

          On my way back up to North County I thought about my god son Joaquin Bear Nava. He is a little ball of energy which is absolutely fun. So I stop over to Uli and Justina's house to say hi and as soon as I walk through the door Joaquin is there to greet me with a hug. It's a nice feeling when your appearence has the ability to make someone smile. So I'm talking with Uli and ask if he's going to Costco anytime soon. He tells me he's going in 20 minutes. I ask if I could come and he says of course. So we all roll over to Costco because I needed to buy some items for my Crossfit nutrition challenge. So I'm riding in the back with Joaquin and he's just smiling like this.
          He's a happy kid which is always fun to be around compared to kids that cry all the time; which is fine to because kids do cry, right? So I'm carrying him around Costco giving him free samples of food which is heaven if you are child. Or at least it was for me when I was a child.

          So my gym is having a nutriton challenge which consist of dieting/eating properly for 60 days. At the end of the challenge we compare our before and after photos as well as our work out times. For this challenge I'm doing the Paleo diet which consist of no processed food and or bread, grain, or wheat, and no dairy. To sum up the diet in a short manner it is meat, fruit vegetables, nuts, and poultry. I'm going to stick to this diet to the best of my abilities and give it 100 percent. So after going to Costco and dropping over $200 I would sday I'm up to the challenge. I'm really excited to see what the results aregoing to be after 60 days. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.....
          Crossfit is one of the few joys I feel I have left in my life and I'm not about to stop anytime soon. My goal is to become submerged with crossfit and be the best that I could possibly be. So far the results I've seen are great and make me excited for the future. Since starting crossfit back up I have quit smoking, I have quit drinking (entirely), and most importantly I actually feel better about myself. Not in the sense of self-esteem but better about the cards life has dealt me. After last summer I was self destructive and could give two shits about my overall health. Drinking until I was drunk and or smoking a whole pack in one sitting became the norm. What was I thinking? That's right I wasn't thinking. I can honestly say I never want to be like that again and I'm gonna do everything to not be like that. Well see you guys next blog!!!!!!
   
          Sincerely, Michael R. Dominick

No comments:

Post a Comment