Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Batteries fix everything (at least so I thought)

          So today my mom called to thank me for the edible arrangement that I sent her and my aunt for Valentine's day. She told me that she was going through an old journal of hers and found a story about me when I was four. I thought it was a good story so I thought I would share it with you. So it was 1988 and my parents had just got cable. They put on a Disney movie for me and my little brother. I'm not sure what movie it was but I want to say it was Fantasia, anyways about 15 minutes into the movie the cable box stopped working and we couldn't finish watching the movie. This made my parents upset because they had just purchased the cable service. At this point in my life I had a bunch of toys that were battery operated. So my understanding of electricity was limited but I assumed that if it was electrical it was battery operated, and when one these electrical appliances wouldn't work I figured it just needed more batteries. So since the cable wasn't working I assumed it needed more batteries, so i go rushing into my room and grab some batteries from one of my toys. I then come back into the living room screaming "it's ok everybody I have batteries!" My parents then laughed; at the time I didn't understand but now I understand that batteries aren't used to fix everything. Sometimes I wish batteries could be used to fix an array of things. As a matter of fact I made a list of things that I wish batteries could fix.
1. My lack of companionship
2. My insecurites
3. My memory (I wish batteries could wipe my brain clean)
4. My broken heart

This isnt really how I imagined things to be
-Michael Dominick

No comments:

Post a Comment