Monday, April 29, 2013

No excuses, only results

So I had my comp on Saturday. I did good; I gave it 100% and left it all on the mats somewhere between the sweat and barbells.
WOD 1 (5 snatches & 30 double unders: 7 minute AMRAP)
 
After my first WOD some of the members from my gym showed up to root me on including my coach. My girlfriend Nancy was there the whole time and is responsible for the lovely pictures you see in front of you. Thanks baby I can't say it enough, and thank you for putting up with my stupid little quirks :-)
 
After WOD 3 finished shiny from all of my sweat haha!
 
So shortly after this photo was taken they announced the results. We though that I might've taken first place but they weren't sure. Then they started calling the names........
In case you can't tell that is me on top of the podium.
 
I got some cool prizes which is always awesome and a doubly cool t-shirt. Thanks to the friendly and courteous staff at Crossfit Delmar. They were friendly informative and ran a smooth operation for the competition. One thing I like about comps is the new people you meet. A cool way to network especially if you stand out :-) So I have been reading this quote it's my new motivation for all aspects of my life and it sums up my mindset. I'm pretty sure I'm going to frame it and hang it on my wall because I believe it is that powerful.
 
There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.
 
I can only hope I continue to improve in all aspects of my life including the MCAT prep I will be doing this summer my possibilities will be endless if I am able to focus and make that my main priority. See ya'll next time......
 
-Michael D
 
I can only be me because that's all I know :-)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment