Sunday, April 21, 2013

Life is a competition



           6 days and counting I will be competing in a C.A.L. event at Crossfit Del Mar as part of the Saturday night lights individual competition series. I hope I do well but more importantly I hope learn something. Every time I've competed I gain more knowledge about myself and I use that experience to better myself. For the most part that has held true throughout my life. There are some cases where I've struggled/failed at something multiple times before I finally learn to fix it. But the point is at least I fix and improve. When I think of training for a comp I think of the movie Gattaca where at the end of the movie the brothers are grown up and they decide to play chicken. The two brothers swim in the ocean next to each other going out as far as they can and the younger brother who was clearly stronger says to his older brother; "How are you doing this? How are you beating me?" The older brother replied "I swim like I'm never turning around." That motivates me to train like I'm never going to stop until I'm beating my competition.

           I got out of work at 11 this morning and cruised down the street to the Rancho Bernardo/Lake Hodges trails. I think I ran about eight miles but I wasn't really sure. I kind of just run until I'm tired or extremely sweaty and then I turn around and run back :-) I've never done this run before but it's super close to me and I enjoyed the variety of terrain. There is something tranquil about running by mountains and lakes. I enjoyed the run thoroughly and look forward to going back. As for the title of this post. Life is indeed a competition some compete for wealth, social status, food, friends, love, family, sport, or whatever the case maybe. My life is a competition too, I'm just not sure what competition I'm apart of.....yet ;)
 
 
Follow your bliss.....signed sincerely Michael Dominick

No comments:

Post a Comment