Saturday, April 28, 2012

A not so good week but I'm okay.

So my week started off not so good, which was an inclination to what I had to look forward to. So in my Ecology class around 9 o clock on Monday I discovered that a marine I had served with had died while serving over in Afghanistan. When something like this happens I'm usually pretty down for about a week or so. I don't know all the details yet. But he was a good Marine and an even better person, you will be missed. Then a girl I had been crushing on since last semester (we'll just call her NIGL) is pregnant. Then another girl I was supposed to be set up with, or at least just meet because a friend thought we would hit it off, was set up by another friend, so that opportunity has gone down the drain. After that string of bad news I went on Facebook to discover that a favorite band of mine is calling it quits after ten years. I'm bummed about the band because I listened to them more than other bands consistently and their music was able to bring out different emotions in me, which is hard for any type of music to do. I'm also bummed because they were from Canada and I never got to see them perform live once. These are all issues that are out of my control but I'm still aloud to be bothered by them (forgive me for caring).


To my fallen brothers and to all previous and future comrades keep fighting the good fight your deaths are not in vain and you will never be forgotten. As for NIGL at first I was grossed out at the fact you were pregnant. It even bothered me how you'd talk about how excited you were and look forward to having the baby. I think just part of me was jealous. Honestly I can only hope, no scratch that........ I can't wait until I meet someone that I want to have a kid with and I can only hope that she is half as stoked as you are to be having a baby. All in due time I suppose......Speaking of due time I can't be too bummed about the other girl I was supposed to meet and be set up with, it's no surprise she met someone else. That's fine with me because I'm a little more traditional anyways.

Call me a hopeless romantic (or probably something more derogatory) but I like when I meet a girl on my own and it's not so facilitated. Call it fate if you will, it's the same reason I don't go on dating websites. When I grow old with the person I love (as cheesy as it sounds) I want to look back and tell my grand kids that "I met your grandmother at......," not that I met the woman of my dreams on a dating website that I paid for. I've gone on dating websites before and I've had success, but it didn't feel right. Now a days I find myself meeting woman with children, drug problems, obesity, and or woman that like me but I have no desire to be intimate with. I really don't think my criteria is too demanding, but I'm in no rush, so I guess it's all in due time; All in due time. I'll just keep putting my best foot forward and smiling.


If things seem to be overwhelming, I'll just focus my energy into this bad boy and crossfit even harder.
 


I've never been one to beg pardon but I'm on my knees! I've tried my best to smile, but it's hard when you look up for the stars, and ask the sky when they're coming back. ..........Frustration. I guess I'll cover up my frustration acting like a super secret agent who lets everyone know how awesome he is (that's a joke) but Archer is pretty bad ass!
.

Signed sincerely me

No comments:

Post a Comment