Sunday, July 8, 2012

Updates on my life (I've been busy)!


First let me apologize for not updating sooner, this has been a busy summer for me. Okay so the woman seen above with me at the Oceanside pier is Nancy. Through some friends I was invited to a bonfire where I met Nancy, and we hit it off. She is fun, so kind, has her shit together, and isn't an alcoholic/druggie. Every weekend we do something new and fun, which I am all about. For example we watch the show Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins on the food network and we have a goal to find the San Diego restaurants featured on the show. So in other news I got some new supplements from bodybuilding.com. I purchased protein, Amino acids, Nitric Oxide, and thermogenic pills. I find myself being very sore but I'm still gaining strength and losing weight. Recently I was instructed that I don't want to lose too much more weight from my conditioning coach, this has also been the consensus from others at my crossfit gym as well. I also got some new crossfit shoes; the Reebok crossfit nano 2.0's; so far I love everything about them.  Speaking of crossfit, I have a team competition coming up with three others from my gym on July 21st. I hope we win, but I am stoked just to be competing in my first competition!

          So I'm in summer school taking my last chemistry course which is nice to knock off of the list. Quantitative chemistry isn't my ideal course to be taking over the summer but with me being so close to graduating there was nothing else for me to take. My teacher is not what you'd expect for a doctor of chemistry. She is covered with tattoos and is in her third trimester of pregnancy. She doesn't seemed thrilled to be there but what else can she do in her fragile state? So in August I'm going to Las Vegas with Nancy. Nancy booked the hotel, but I intend to repay her, she just doesn't know it :-) I've always had a good time when going to Vegas and I'm really excited to be going with her!


        That is what's current in my life. In crossfit I'm making progress but I still have a ways to go! It's nice to be with someone who has similar goals and interest and takes care of herself. It elevates me to be a better person and I'm not being influenced by self destructive behavior. Oh and if you can't tell from the photos she makes me smile. Here are some more just in case you didn't get the point! At the end of the day if you feel like you are going nowhere, keep striving in one direction. You may feel like your not moving at all but it's because everyone else is standing still, so keep digging!

-Sincerely Michael R. Dominick





No comments:

Post a Comment